There's no denying that we are a fan of color here are Stripe but there's nothing like a confident edited palette.
Today's inspiration is Black, White & Wood.
Black and white can make a space feel very striking and modern. Adding a natural, warm element like wood is the perfect addition to this combination. It can be quite the challenge to work with such a tight palette and still come up with an exciting design but this is where tiles, floor patterns and textures can make all the difference.
Here's a guide to get you started:
1. The Loop Chair is quite the investment but it ties in all the elements of this edited palette with the black cushions, white weaving and walnut structure.
2. Tom Dixon's Beat Lamp is a classic. The matte black finish with a peak of brass on the inside is the perfect accessory for your space.
3. Softness will come through textiles. This is the fun part. You can find vintage inspired black and white patterned rugs or throws like these.
4. Wood floors can instantly become more interesting with their layout. Parquet, chevron, herringbone, subway... There are endless options for laying your wood floor.
5. The Eames Molded Plastic chair is another classic. They usually come in an assortment of colors including black and white.
6. Subway tiles are great but beveled subway tiles really knock it out of the park. It just adds another dimension to this classic tile.
7. These Pendleton pillows from Scout & Whistle are so fun and we currently have a few on our store floor!
8. Mid century modern walnut dining tables are always a favorite. This one in particular comes from West Elm.
9. And finally, a beautiful hex matte black tile that can be applied as flooring or a wall texture will add just another element to your space to bring it all together.
And here's a sneak peak of an office we are designing with this same palette:
Leave a comment